Job Contact: CRISTAL OSBOURNE
At ET Transport, we provide innovative transportation solutions custom-tailored to the needs of our customers. Reliable, safe and timely delivery of local and cross-border shipments to clients' satisfaction is our top priority. ET Transport has consistently achieved industry leadership with a proven reputation for superior transportation services. In that, we rely on our dedicated team of professional drivers contributing to the success and growth of ET Transport.
We are looking for four full-time Flatbed Truck Drivers to join our Flatbed Division in Moncton to start as soon as possible.
Flatbed Truck Driver will be responsible for operating a heavy flatbed truck to transport goods and materials over urban, between cities or interprovince routes. This job is mobile and physically demanding, requires working outdoors/all weather, and may require driving long hours, and being on the road for extended periods. The job duties are:
- Transport finished goods and raw materials over land to and from the customers' locations.
- Ensure the shipments arrive in a secure and timely manner.
- Properly inspect the vehicle, trailer, and load (ensuring a load is secure and safe) daily, before, during, and after each trip.
- Maintain eLog driver logs and complying with driving rules and regulations at all times.
- Assist with loading and unloading shipments (up to 45 kg or 100 lbs) at warehouse facilities, including shunting trucks in our yard.
- Communicate using onboard communication devices with customers, dispatch, safety and compliance, and other drivers.
- Conduct minor repairs in the field (fuses, bulbs, batteries).
Terms of Employment: Permanent, full-time, employee (approximately 60 hours per week), early morning, morning, day, evening, shift, weekend, night
Language of Work: English
Salary: CAD$21.79 per hour, paid wait time, layovers, and extra pick-ups, or CAD$ 0.52 per mile (employee's choice)
Location of Work: 161 Caledonia Road, Moncton, New Brunswick, E1H 3C7, Canada. Operating a truck over urban, between cities or interprovince routes will be required (mobile position).
Benefits: Health Benefits Program and Safety Bonuses
Vacation: Two weeks of vacation per vacation year and a vacation pay equal to four percent of gross wages
Education Requirement: Some secondary school, valid driving school (or equivalent) certification
Work Experience Requirement: No experience required. Will train.
- Valid Class 1 License (or ability to obtain based on current credentials)
- Clean Criminal Record Search
- Pre-employment Substance Screening
- Experience with GPS (Global Positioning System)/Navigation Systems
- Documentation: Complete Driver Logbook, Bills of Lading, Pre and Post-Trip Inspections, Maintenance and Repair reports, Accident and Incident Reports.
- Equipment: Oversee the condition of a vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, and other equipment as per regulations. Monitor vehicle performance and mechanical fitness.
- Load Securement: Tarping, strapping, chaining, etc.
- Travel: Plan routes and travel schedules. Abide by local regulations overseeing driver logs.
- Communications: Be able to communicate clearly with customers, dispatchers, safety and compliance, and other drivers.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Number of Vacancies: 4
Contact Information: Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention to Cristal Osbourne, Manager of Human Resources/Recruiting. ET Transport address in New Brunswick: 161 Caledonia Road, Moncton, New Brunswick, E1H 3C7, Canada. More information about our company and services are available at https://www.ettransport.ca/161 CALEDONIA ROAD, MONCTON, NEW BRUNSWICK, E1H 3C7, CANADA
MONCTON, NB E1H 3